DIRTY AIR Complete rear air suspension system. Redesigned for optimum performance, reliability and ease of install. Fits Harley touring models. This is a complete system assembled to easily replace your stock touring shocks with height-adjustable air shocks. This system will allow you to lower your bike 2 to 3 inches from stock height with all of the air released, and air it up to stock ride height for a smooth ride in a matter of seconds.
DIRTY AIR shocks offer amazing ride quality and performance, with ultra-durable air bag and push-to-connect fittings for easy installation and great seal. There is a wide range of comfortable travel in the shocks, so you can ride at stock height, or ride lower and still maintain a smooth ride. Shocks are also capable of extending slightly beyond stock height, if you're looking for extra ground clearance for stretched bags and fenders. They are designed and built specifically for Harley touring models, they are not a universal shock modified to fit your bike.
This system also includes our exclusive black standard air compressor which is compact, powerful and reliable. With this newer, larger compressor, this new system can raise in less than 10 seconds. This is the same compressor used in our fast-up rear and fast front+rear systems, built to perform well while standing the test of time on your motorcycle.
- System uses all nickel-plated brass high-flow high-pressure push-to-connect fittings throughout the entire system
- Manifold-style dump valve block for optimum performance.
- This system includes all of the components for a fully functional, fully height adjustable rear air suspension.
- With this system, you can ride with zero air pressure without rubbing. That means if you hit a big enough bump or ever lost air pressure for any reason you can still ride without rubbing your tire against your fender (on most '09-Later models, or '08-earlier models with stock rear tire).
- Includes installation instructions, we do suggest professional installation but it is not necessary.
- Year/location specific mounting brackets for the compressor are included with this system, to mount behind the right saddlebag and float between the rear wheel and right saddlebag.
- Depending on location and bike model, some mild fabrication may be necessary to mount the air compressor or switch, but normally this system comes with everything you need for an easy installation.
- System comes as pictured, with some minor variances from one model year to another.
- Switch is a mini momentary toggle switch that mounts in a 1/4" hole, and includes a protective waterproof boot.
*'14-Later Models with Boom Audio that includes stereo components inside the saddlebags will have fitment/clearance issues with saddlebag-mounted wire connectors, requiring re-routing of audio wires and connectors
*2009-2013 models with "classic" 4-hole tab welded to saddlebag support for saddlebag guards or fender filler panels will not fit the tank or compressor without cutting the 4-hole tab off the saddlebag support or replacing with a standard saddlebag support.
*2014-2016 HD Touring models use the factory fork springs. New springs are not required or included for those years unless requested due to replacing aftermarket lowering springs.
*On some models, antenna relocation or antenna bracket modification may be necessary.
*Fender support mounted tank/compressor will not fit with 2014-up rear fender strut filler lights or filler panels
*Please note, with front+rear air, the frame of the bike will sit low enough that the stock kickstand (or even a lowered kickstand) will not allow the bike to lean over far enough to rest securely. An electric center stand is highy recommended for bikes with front+rear air
*Optional handlebar grip switch will not fit 2015-up Road Glide models due to anti-rotation pin/hole in stock handlebars. Aftermarket bars work as long as they are not 2015-up Road Glide specific.
*Front parts will not work on inverted front ends like new 2023 CVO models
I am so happy with the unit works great and gives my bike an awesome look
Came on time, all parts were there and was easy to install.
Quick and easy install, fast up without an air tank
Easy to follow color instructions. Installed in a couple hours
Very pleased with my purchase can well packaged and instructions were detailed. Had the system installed in about 30 minutes.
The installation instructions suck. Other than that these air ride shocks are a major improvement over the stock Harley shocks on my Road King. They also give me the ability to lower or raise the bike as per ride conditions. If the instructions didn’t suck so bad I would give them a 5 star review.
Makes my bike a Cadillac